Matters Arising From Last Meeting
No matters were arising from the last meeting.
- Nothing declared
- Nothing declared
Following a meeting between Vicki Lloyd, Vikki Lindsay, Sam Hodder (Principal) and Julie Bailiss (School Business Manager), the following items have been identified for expenditure from PTFA funds:
- Pond Area/Forest School – Phase 2: Planned for Spring 2022, to include installation of a weed resistant membrane under wood chippings and clean & tidy of pond.
- Bike & Scooter Rack Installation: Whilst this has already been installed, the PTFA have applied for a funding grant from the Lions Club for £600 to help cover some of the costs. The cheque will be presented at Puxton Park and will include free access to the Park.
- Year 6 Life Skills: Online video-link session for children to learn essential life skills. £200
- Stone Age Workshop, Year 5/6 – £200
- Viking Workshop, Year 3/4 – £300
- Great Fire of London, Year 2 – £300
- Reception Animal Workshop – £200
- Eco Club – £100 for plants and litter pickers. Led by Mrs. Tinker
- EYFS Outdoor Additions – Large see-saw/wobble-board, water kitchen, staging & logs. £500
- Climbing Structure, Playing Field – Cost TBC
- Willow management – school requires someone to manage the willow walkway and would welcome parents who know of someone to get in touch.
- Christmas Tree – £100
- EYFS Outdoor Shelter – Cost TBC
- Pre-loved Uniform Sale
- Textile Recycling
- 100 Club Launch
- Christmas Card Fundraiser – 181 orders received
- Textile Recycling – 9th November 2021
- Christmas Card Delivery to Parents – 3rd December 2021
- Dress-down Day for chocolate donations to Christmas Bazaar – TBC
- Christmas Bazaar – 10th December 2021. Event to be held outside with a reduced number of stalls/activities. Raffle tickets will be sold online as per last year.
- Secret Santa – As per last year, suggested donation of £1 with all children receiving a gift. Gifts to be pre-wrapped and delivered into school for children to choose. Lizy Kacou holding a wrapping party on the 6th December at 7:30pm. Volunteers wanted and ideas for making the packaging more sustainable welcomed.
- Class Christmas Parties – Week commencing 13th December. To be run as per last year i.e. parents donate a nominal amount and a party box is delivered to class. Donation of £1-1.50 depending on requirement. Tesco have been asked for a donation. Heidi Illes is organising.
- 90s Night – The scheduled 90s night on 5th March 2022 has been amended to a 00s event to avoid conflict with competing event. Also investigating whether to run a roller-disco event earlier in the day for families. Toby Blackburn & Vicki Lloyd Meeting with roller-disco and Tropicana on 18th November.
- AGM/Social Event – to be organised for January/February 2022.
- Newsletter to be issued in November with Christmas activities. Toby Blackburn to action.
Vikki Lindsay and Toby Blackburn to investigate most cost effective way to deliver online sales for Christmas activities (party/raffle). Compare using PayPal with SumUp costs.
Assuming all pandemic restrictions have been lifted, the Summer Fete will take place on 2nd July 2022.
150 Year Celebration
2022 marks the 150th year of Uphill Village Academy. There are likely to be celebratory events within the community to celebrate this. Fundraising ideas are welcome for commemorative items aligned to this.
Slimeridge Farm – the owner has floated the possibility of running events at the property for the community. Suzie to speak to him to find out what opportunities may exist.
The next meeting to be arranged for the week commencing X.